Women have a special need to be noticed; liked; adored and complimented about their looks, their body and certainly their clothes. In a country where Bollywood sex icons set the standard; there isn’t much hope of accomplishing this feat by the mere mortal women, who have to live within bodies that are not six zero or a perfect ten. Fashion has long been the spice and slice of life for many women and they are fast waking up to the fact that all cannot fit in the same mould.
Women have different body types and they need to know the body type and dress accordingly, in order to look their best. There are three main types of body types for women:
- Apple shape
- Pear shape
- Hourglass shape
This type of body has have rather slim looking arms and legs while the middle portion is heavier and gives certain width and breadth to your figure. Fourteen percent women are expected to have this shape of body.
- The problem area in this body type is the waist, so when choosing the fashion accessories and dresses these women should go for easily flowing fabrics like silk, and cotton with simple designs that compliment their shape.
- Emphasis should be on clothes that highlight your arms and legs as apple shaped women have rather beautiful limbs.
- Go for short sleeves and skirts but be wary of tight fitting tops.
- V neck or U neck will look good on you.
- Try tops that are tight around the chest and flow freely around the waist.
This type is heavy at the bottom with rather large hips and a slim bust. If accompanied by a slim waits this gives a rather feminine look. Narrow ribs and shoulders make pear shaped women look beautiful. Close to twenty percent women possess this body type.
- The right fashion statement for this shape happens to be A line skirts and tops belted at the waist.
- Women with this body type need to shift focus away from the lower body and should wear bright colored tops and puff sleeves.
- They should avoid wearing light colors and huge prints.
- Use skirts that cascade your curves and make sure to get skirts, jeans and pants that start below navel.
- Straight cut jeans and high waist trousers look good on them.
- High heeled shoes are preferable as they add height and give a structured look.
This is an ideal body type in the fashion world. Going by the Bollywood sex icons; there are a number of them who have set the screens on fire. This body type has equal hip and bust ratio and a slim waist. Only eight percent women are blessed with this type of desirable body. Since both the upper and lower portions are equal; almost any and every dress suits this body type.
- When selecting as per fashion, these women should chose to enhance their body shape by wearing body hugging ensembles.
- They should not wear baggy tops and straight tunics as they tend to hide their beautiful contours.
- V-neck works well and single breasted jackets really look good on these women. Go for a small jacket if you are wearing a skirt and for a long one if you are wearing jeans, as it will show your hips. Do not wear skin tight or baggy jeans and trousers.
- Show off that slim waist by wearing a belt. Wrap-around dresses will also look good on an hourglass shape.
Author Bio : This article is contributed by Priyanka, a part time guest blogger. She loves to write and research on various fashion trends that women are following. Currently working with sitagita.com – a global information portal which discuss topics on women health, relationships, parenting, shopping ,lifestyle and many others.