Diet constitutes everything of who you are. As a sportsman, aside from your usual routines, daily exercise and conditioning, diet plays a great role in keeping you healthy and making you perform well in your games.
Dieticians offer more than nutritional advices and tips. They may give you practical advice that is with scientific evidence.
How Does a Dietician Gets Accredited
When having a dietician making sure that he or she is qualified is everything. Red light risks are blinking once you’ve entrusted you sports career and health to an inadequate dietician. In Australia to be able to become a dietician one ahs to complete a degree in nutrition and dietetics, be a member of DAA or dieticians Association of Australia, pursue further studies. To become a sports dietician though, being a member of DAA is prerequisite and complete an SDA accredited sports nutrition unit.
In the US one has to have a BSc (Dietetics), RD + advanced credentialing as a CSSD (Certified Specialist in Sport Dietetics).
Advantage of Having a Sports Dietician
- A dietician can supervise your dietary supplements inventory and make sure that you comply with its proper usage.
- A sports dietician can select and give you the right combination of healthy foods. He or she can also monitor your food safety to prevent illness or sickness.
- A sports dietician can help you save. How? You let go of all unnecessary eating plus you only get to eat healthy food.
- A dietician focused in sports practices the mantra that to feed is to fuel wherein the food program aims to maximize athletes’ performance and recovery from injury quickly.
- A sports dietician can also give you the right food counseling. This can be possible and really beneficial to athletes who require nutrition therapy.
- A sports dietician can foster loyalty as well as a sports coach can due to concerns and care shown to athletes.
- A sports dietician can further prevent doping incidents among athletes. They can screen to prevent substance abuse and accidental doping as well. They educate athletes about risks and consequences of doping violation. Through this guide and advices, athletes will be well guided.
- A sports dietician can devise programs and strategies to achieve a team or an athlete’s goals.
- Through good food and right eating habits an athlete can increase lean muscle mass, reduce body fat, improve diet, prepare for competition, learn travel nutrition and know of supplementation.
However we should remember that nutrition varies from athletes to athletes. There is no the same treatment. A good dietician can see this and will address this right away. And in sports competition wherein winning sometimes is just a hair thin away, getting the best advantage seems like your only choice.
Who Needs a Dietician
- Athletes looking for optimum performance boost
- People who have eating problems
- People or athletes who have eating disorders
- Sports Team who likes a solid team diet
- Athletes and ordinary people who has medical complaints
- And returning injured sportsmen who gain or lose weight
Celebrity and elite athletes employs dietician and has their own special brand of diets. You can ask your favorite basketball player or your football striker. And dieticians aren’t just sought by men but by boys or younger side of the population. And it isn’t only men but women too.
So for summary, in order to attain your best athletic capabilities you don’t only need a practice, a fitness routine, a conditioning practice or a prayer— diet plays a bigger role amidst them all.
Author: Roselen is a blogger who concentrates on athlete’s health, sports injuries and sports nutrition.