You want to keep your house clean right? Having a clean and orderly house is one of the best accomplishments you can have. But then again, it can also be a challenging task, especially if your house is exposed to dust and dirt.
The first step to achieving a clean home is to start by having clean windows. If not maintained properly, windows can easily get dirty because of dust, rain, and even too much heat.
Here are some important reminders in how to clean your windows effectively:
- Clean windows regularly. Windows would look great if you clean them on a regular basis. It is highly recommended that you clean your windows at least twice every year. Make sure too that you clean windows inside out.
- Wash your windows. The first step to cleaning your window is to wash one side with horizontal strokes. On the other hand, wash the other side vertically. This way, you will be able to see whether the window has a streak or not. In order to prevent streaks on your window, you can opt to use a sponge or squeegee. Make sure that you wash your windows top down. This technique will help you prevent drips. After washing your windows, dry the frame with another clean cloth.
- Take note of the weather. Did you know that heat can dry cleaning solutions on windows? This would result to the formation of streaks on your window. As such, you should try to wash windows when the weather is cloudy. Don’t wash your windows when it’s too hot because sunlight can dry up the cleaning solution you use before you can properly polish your window.
- Clean the corners of your window. Make sure that you clean the corners of your window to prevent dust and dirt from accumulating. In order to do this, you can use a damp cotton swab or a soft toothbrush. Brush the corners gently to remove dirt.
- Polish your windows well. After washing and cleaning your windows, make sure you polish them well to make them look shiny and new. You can use an old, clean cloth made of cotton. Another trick in order to achieve your desired lustre is to gently rub a blackboard eraser once your window gets dry.
- Avoid using tools and cleaning solutions that would damage your window. When cleaning your window, do not use tools made of metal and razor blades as these would scratch or cause damage on your window. Avoid using strong cleaning solutions that may damage vinyl, metal or wood surfaces.
So now you know how to clean your windows effectively. So start doing these tips now and you will definitely have a better, cleaner home.
When looking to buy affordable cleaning products for your business or personal needs, be sure to check out www.TheJanitorialSupply.com.