Throwing a baby shower is both an exciting and challenging experience. Of course, the excitement is also largely due to the fact that you’ll be welcoming a new addition in the family in a few weeks’ time. This can surely test your creativity on how you can throw a party that will be both memorable and enjoyable to you and your guests. If you’re pressed with ideas on baby shower decorations, below are several tips you can keep in mind when planning your own shower party.
1. Start gearing up some creative ideas on your own. For inspiration, you can check out several sites that offer baby shower tips and ideas, as well as personal recommendations from friends. The key objective here is to be able to throw a party that will appropriately honor the big occasion. Consider what personal touches you can add in as you go along checking tips and themes that are of interest to you.
2. Set a ceiling on the budget you’re willing (and can afford) to spend on the event. Take note that the money shall cover the whole event and preparation process. It must already be enough for the location of the party, food and beverages for guests, invitations, decors, and other add-ins. You can save on money by holding the shower in a house (of your own or a friend’s) so you can allot more budget on other important shower details.
3. Before you go into decors and related party details, make sure you’ve already decided on a theme for the event. This is particularly necessary as this will set the motif and ambiance of the occasion. You may consider the baby’s gender when planning, or you can also opt to choose a theme that will be appropriate for the guests you have in mind. You can also plan according to the style you prefer.
4. After you’ve decided on the theme, the next step is to finalize the invitations. Go for those that will match the motif of the event. It’s also important to include complete details in the invites, such as location (provide a map if needed), date and time of event, as well as contact number and RSVP. Make sure you send the invites around 5-6 weeks before the event and don’t forget to follow up on your guests’ attendance.
5. Depending on your chosen location, you have several options on the menu: go for catering services, prepare your own food, or combine these 2 options. Decide on your preferences ahead of time so you can choose what specific food and beverage items will be included on the menu.
6. Apart from the menu, it’s also important to organize the baby shower program. Plan ahead what will be the flow of the event from start to finish. Think of exciting games and also prepare party favors. Also take note of inexpensive giveaways you can provide your guests at the end.
7. Baby shower decorations and supplies must suit the theme you’ve decided on. Don’t overdo the decorating, though, so you’ll be able to leave enough space for the guests, as well as the food, drinks, gifts, and games.
8. Planning baby showers is quite a challenge. Nevertheless, don’t let all the planning take toll on you. The key idea here is to be able to enjoy the event that signifies the coming of a new member in the family. Make sure you savor the experience and not overly stress yourself about preparations and stuff.