What is a Poker Prop?
A poker prop is a player that gets paid to play on a poker site or casino. Players can get 85% rakeback as a prop, 100%, even 130% in some cases. There are only a few online poker sites left that still hire props.
These are mainly new poker sites that want to increase traffic so they will hire a few players to help get games going and fill the tables. You are required to play with your own money and responsible if you win or lose, but if you play tight and can at least break even, then you can earn a decent amount. Its not recommend to play as a paid prop player if you are a big losing player.
This site below allows you to check out all of the current sites that are hiring new props.
Its not hard to get hired as a poker prop, however most sites make you check in with a shift manager via skype or msn messenger. In addition, prop players usually have a set of rules they must follow.
Some Standard Prop Rules :
- You can’t take the last seat at a table.
- You can’t join a waiting list.
- You must leave if a table gets full.
- You must play at least 2 cash games.
- You must not join a game that already has 3 prop players sitting.
- You may not play against another prop heads up.